Saturday, April 4, 2015

Forgiving Others Is A Choice Motivated By Our Obedience To God

Many people ask why they need to forgive. When we choose to forgive being hurt by someone, it is actually an act of self-preservation. It helps us to let go of what is hurting us so we no longer carry it around. 

The Lord didn't create us to carry around hurtful negative emotions that linger. He doesn't want you to store and keep your hurt feelings!

It is import to realize that forgiveness is not a feeling. It is a choice. When you choose to forgive someone, you might not feel all warm and fuzzy about it! It is a choice to release someone’s act of injuring you in some way.

When my infant daughter was born too early and died, medical neglect was a factor. I have also been abused. After I made the decision to forgive the people who hurt me, I had to do it over and over again until my heart caught up with my choice. But it did and now I live in freedom and healing in the name of Jesus Christ! You can too!  

You don’t need the unnecessary and unwanted emotional baggage! You will eventually feel better when you release your pain to God and forgive the person and wrong doing.

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.  Ephesians 4:31-32 NIV


By Diane Gammon M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counselor
                                   Blog Website LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment