Sunday, April 5, 2015

Christ’s Love Endures Forever

I write in celebration of Easter with the praises to Jesus as I just had my second granddaughter be born! My first granddaughter is two years old and doing well for now but she was born with multiple heart complications and has had two open-heart surgeries.  I held her as I watched her sister come into the world. The joy of the Lord is abundant and the joy of the Lord is my strength.
We have hardships. We suffer. Years ago this weekend, the town of Murfreesboro experienced a tornado which destroyed most of the homes on my street and took the lives of my neighbors. Also, years ago this weekend, I had an infant daughter be born and die within hours. Though we struggle with deep pain, loss, and hard ships, we can ALWAYS find something to be thankful for. 
Though we don’t usually understand the pain and discomfort that we endure, we can take comfort in knowing that our Lord and Savior is always there for us carrying us through these difficult times and giving us hope for our future. Christ’s love is always there for us. He always shows up!
I want to encourage you to allow yourself to grieve your losses and hardships but to also rejoice and trust in Christ’s love and perfect plan for your life in Him.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead... 1 Peter 1:3 (NIV)


By Diane Gammon M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counselor
                                   Blog Website LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment