Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Your Strengths- Ways To Identify Them And How To Use Them

You have strengths. 

Everyone does.

The problem is that when you feel down emotionally or physically that often you do not feel that you have strengths. 

However- you still do. 

Grab a pen and paper and write down what you know are your strengths. 

Then write down how these strengths have helped you to get through difficult times in the past.

Then write down how you believe that your strengths can help you with a difficult time that you are facing right now.

Do not let a difficult time, negative or irrational thoughts, or others keep you from tapping into your strengths! 

  You are stronger than you know! 

Get writing!

Some ideas and examples are the following: 

I am patient.

I am understanding.

I am caring.

I do not give up when things are tough.

I am optimistic.

I am able to be true to myself and my values.

I have Christ in me.

YOUR TURN!

Add to your list often and read them out loud to yourself daily to help develop your strengths!

                       By Diane Gammon MS

Clinical Mental Health Counselor

Now Open Full-Time: Days, Evenings, and Saturdays.

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 


Living With Hope Counseling   










No comments:

Post a Comment