Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Hard Times - What Can Help To Make It Through

Maybe you went through a difficult time in which at the time you did not think you were going to make it through! 


Maybe you are going through a difficult time right now in which you do not know how you are going to make it through.

I have been there. I can relate. I am sorry for your pain and for your difficulty.

I have been a single mother for the past 15 years. There were many days in which I did not think I would make it through the day- make it through the trial- make it through the emotional pain and difficulties that I faced. 

I homeschooled my children for 18 years- 10 years in which I was a working single mother. I homeschooled them until high school. This month my youngest daughter graduated from high school. I can now say- "I did it!"- or should I say-- "God did it!" We survived. My children and I made it through the many difficult years struggling as a single parent family and we are all stronger because of it. It is true that hard times build character!

If you are at a time right now in which you feel hopeless--------- HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!

Whether you are a believer or not, in difficult times- it is difficult to have faith that things will turn out okay...this I know. But this is when you need to have faith--- to believe that you WILL be okay.

What you can do to help:

Sort out in your mind (on paper will help) what you do and do not have control over.

Under the section in which you do not have control over--------- LET IT GO. An example is that you have no control over how people treat you.

Under the section that you do have control over-------- write down ways that you can be in control of your situation. An example would be that you have the control on how you respond to your negative situation and then write something that you can do such as to do your best with the resources that you have at the time. 

You can also - talk to a friend, talk to yourself positive (DAILY) that you will get through it, seek public assistance if applicable, seek counseling, pray, attend church, join a Sunday School class and/or a small life group at a church, get a support system for yourself, join a support group, read scripture, do not worry (because it makes it worse), and demonstrate self-care strategies to name a few. 

The main thing is to release your stress in an appropriate way (such as talk about it to a friend or counselor) and then to remember that all you can do is what is within your power to do at the time and -then let the rest go. Give it over to God and then it makes it HIS battle- not yours. 

Many counseling centers and counselors including myself-- use a sliding scale fee in which makes counseling affordable. 


What did Jesus Say About Worry?

Matthew 6:25-27  “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?


Matthew 6:34  Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


Matthew 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Luke 12:25 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his  span of life?


John 14:27 Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.



                                   By Diane Gammon MS

Clinical Mental Health Counselor

Now Open Full-Time: Days, Evenings, and Saturdays.

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 


Living With Hope Counseling   























 


No comments:

Post a Comment