Thursday, May 5, 2016

Prayer Changes Things! Celebrating National Day of Prayer

Prayer changes lives. 

 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.Hebrews 4:16


   
It can change YOUR life! 

 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.Jeremiah 29:12

Praying is just talking to God. 

 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.Romans 12:12

Talk to Him. 

 The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.Psalm 145:18


He Loves and cares for you!

 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Philippians 4:6-7


 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.Mark 11:24

How do I become a Christian?


Becoming a Christian is a simple process of accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. The following steps may be helpful to you as you make this wonderful decision.
  • A. Acknowledge that you have a need for Christ in your life. Romans 3:23 reminds us that “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God” and the result of our sinfulness is death - Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death.”
  • B. Believe that Jesus died for you so that your sins might be forgiven. Romans 5:8 “But God shows His love for us, in that while were sinners Christ died for us.” Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
  • C. Commit yourself to Him by praying and indicating that you desire for His forgiveness of your sin, and you desire for Him to take control of your life.
Romans 10:9-10 - "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” (NIV)

If you feel an urgency to make a decision after reading these preceding paragraphs, this means the Holy Spirit is working in your heart, drawing you into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If you are prepared to make this decision you might offer a simple word to Christ as demonstrated in the following prayer:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I have sinned and I need forgiveness for my sin.
I ask you to forgive me of my sin and to come into my life and become my Lord
and Savior. I commit my life to you and I ask you for guidance as I begin a new
life as a Christian."

God bless you as you consider making this decision or if you have just begun a new life in Christ!

Contact and attend a Christian church to learn more about your decision and to grow in Christ with other believers.

Reference- Calvary Baptist Church, Murfreesboro, TN

By Diane Gammon MS
Clinical Mental Health Counselor


Living With Hope Counseling   









 

No comments:

Post a Comment