Saturday, May 7, 2016

Happy Mother's Day To All The Moms - and How To Survive This Day If You Are Grieving

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. 

I hope that you are able to celebrate and let your mother know how much you love and appreciate them.







In memory of Darlene Kay Davidson


For those of you who do not have a mother or a mother figure in your life, I know that this is a difficult time for you and I am so sorry. 

For those of you who have lost your mother or children, I am sorry for your losses. 

I want to encourage you to reflect today on who made a positive impact on your life and try and be thankful for them. 

Let who ever had a role in helping you in your life know that you appreciate them.

I personally lost my mother to cancer while I was in my late 20's. I have also had an infant daughter die as well as suffered 5 miscarriages. Because of my losses, I used to dread Mother's Day. 

I finally chose to stop feeling sorry for myself at one point years ago and chose to be thankful for the memories and for my blessings.


I hope and pray that if this day is difficult for you, that you can focus on your blessings and that you can be thankful as well.



                      By Diane Gammon MS

Clinical Mental Health Counselor


Living With Hope Counseling   









 








 


No comments:

Post a Comment