Saturday, May 23, 2015

Why Did This Happen To Me And Why Did God Allow It? - Getting Through The Pain and Questions

Many of my clients ask me why a loving God lets horrible and sad things happen to them.

I have also had clients ask me why God did not protect them from getting abused, especially when they were a helpless child.

I answer them all the same. 

We live in a fallen world in which has sin. 

Further, humans have also been given free will.

Although God is loving, the world is full of brokenness with heart aches, disasters, crisis, diseases, and suffering.

Our Hope is in Heaven and we are only passing through.

Try to grow from your suffering and ask God what he wants you to learn from it.

When I am suffering and stretched, I ask the Lord to grow me and use me. I don’t understand. I just trust Him to make good out of my heartaches and messes because He promises that He will.  

We may not understand why terrible things happen to us but God loves us and nothing can separate us from His love.

God allows things to happen to us that are unfortunate but He is also always with us and He will help us to get through the suffering.



 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:38-39

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. – Philippians 1:6

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28

When you are hurting, try to talk to someone to help you sort it all out and to help you through your suffering. 

We may not understand the 'whys' but there is always hope .... and you will heal.


By Diane Gammon M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counselor
                                           Blog Website LivingWithHopeCounseling.com



No comments:

Post a Comment