Thursday, January 11, 2018

Napping- The Benefits

Instead of loading up on caffeinated sugary drinks during the day when you’re tired, try napping.

When I was in college, I worked the night shift.  After an 8am French class, I’d go to the library to try to study.  But usually that was when my body craved sleep.

I would arrange my books at the carrel to indicate that someone was there but had momentarily stepped away.

I’d crawl underneath the desk and nap.  It renewed my energy levels so that I could function for the rest of the school day.

There is no shame in napping. Thomas Edison, President Kennedy, Winston Churchill, and Napoleon Bonaparte were known nappers.

According to Sleep.org, naps help the body to recharge, deal with stress, and helps to put you into a better mood.

After napping- You’ll feel more alert, energized, and decrease your risk of heart disease.

Sources:  The Napping Habits of 8 Famous Men, Health Benefits of Napping

CLICK HERE For Living With Hope Counseling Facebook Page AND "LIKE" IT!

 


   Diane Davidson 
                               Gammon M.S.
         Clinical Mental Health Counselor

 Open Full-Time Days - Monday through Saturday
With Evening Appointments

615-556-8406

Email- Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss (Including Miscarriage/ Stillbirth/ Infant loss)

Disclaimer- I am not a doctor and I am not giving out medical advice. My blogs are for information and inspirational purposes. Please consult your doctor before starting a new health regimen.

Diane Davidson Gammon MS is clinically supervised by Michael Loftis LCSW as she pursues  LPC-MHSP licensure



























No comments:

Post a Comment