Monday, June 15, 2015

Letting Go And Giving Things Over To God- Bible Verses To Help

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.
“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. 
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,

Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

By Diane Gammon M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counselor
                                           Blog Website LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment