Thursday, June 4, 2015

Being An Example- Children Will Do As You DO, Not As You Say

Have you ever seen a parent drink alcohol or smoke in front of their children and tell them not to do such things? Do you tell your children not to cuss but that it is okay for you to cuss because you are a grown up? 



Some parents hit their children to punish them for hitting!

Children will learn and copy by watching what you do- not just by what you tell them to do and how to act.  

When I come across decesions in my life, I not only think- WWJD (What would Jesus do?) But also...... I think to myself- do I want my daughters to see me doing this/ making this choice in my life? What kind of impact will these actions be on my children? What kind of example will I be setting for them?

Your children are watching you! Demonstrate the kind of behaviors and character that you would like for them to live some day! 


By Diane Gammon M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counselor

                                           Blog Website LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment