Saturday, July 28, 2018

The Joy That Tomorrow Brings

Growing up, I was always excited about things. I got excited about the day that I was living and I got excited about days to come. I have always just been excited about life. 

I did have many trials and difficult days, weeks, and months. There were financial struggles, multiple traumas, health problems and more.

However, I continued to be excited about life.

My mother passed away from cancer 25 years ago. The biggest compliment that she ever gave me is when she told me that she recognized that I always got excited about life. 

 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.Psalm 94:19


There is sadness, pain, illness, fear, and suffering. But there is also joy. There is the promise of tomorrow and another day to try and make the most of our lives, to be thankful for the blessings no matter how small.


Years ago, I miscarried several babies. I have also watched one of my daughters suffer a miscarriage. 

It is unbearable emotional pain.  

But God's blessings continue and we are not suppose to understand everything, but to trust Him.

 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.Romans 12:12

I am thankful for joy in the midst of pain and suffering. I am thankful for second chances, and grace. I am thankful for our Savior.

I lost 6 babies and a grandson. I just found out last night that my 5th grandchild who is due at the end of the year is a girl, my 5th granddaughter. Our rainbow baby w/a high risk pregnancy. But we are choosing joy. My cup runneth over. 

Our cup runneth over. I am so proud of my daughter for choosing joy and faith in the midst of pain and fear.

 “Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning” (Ps. 30:5).

What are you thankful for? What joy can you focus on?  

What can you change about your life or even with your attitude about tomorrow?  


The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.Zephaniah 3:17






There is always hope! 

CLICK HERE For Living With Hope Counseling Facebook Page AND "LIKE" IT!
 



        
 By Diane Davidson Gammon MS
Clinical mental Health Counselor


Disclaimer- I am not a doctor and I am not giving out medical advice. My blogs are for information and inspirational purposes. Please consult your doctor before starting a new health regimen.

Diane Davidson Gammon Arnold MS is clinically supervised by Michael Loftis LCSW as she pursues  LPC-MHSP licensure





 Open Full-Time Days - Monday through Saturday
With Evening Appointments
615-556-8406
Email- Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss (Including Miscarriage/ Stillbirth/ Infant loss)

 Have Hope! Renew Health! and...........




 

  

 



















 








No comments:

Post a Comment