Saturday, July 15, 2017

Choosing a JOY FILLED Attitude....My Birthday Celebration Thoughts

I turn 54 yesterday... just a couple days after my 4th granddaughter was born. 

Two granddaughters helped me blow out my candles and two fit in my arms.

I know that not everyone has the privilege of having children and grandchildren. For those who desired this and it has not happened, I am so sorry.

It is good to have dreams and goals. And, I believe that God wants us to have the desires of our hearts. 

However, sometimes our dreams and desires do not happen the way that we had hoped and planned.  

When this happens, we then have to tweak  our dreams and goals. We should not give up on them but rather, we should alter them a bit.

I also believe that when we live a righteous life in Christ that He will give us far more blessings in our lives then we could have ever imagined.  

They may just come in a different package then we imagined or in a different way. Most always, it will also come in a different timing than our own. 

I have spent many years alone after planning and desiring to be married. My original plans did not work out but my life is still JOY FILLED. 

I have experienced multiple traumas in my life but in the midst of my turmoil and experiencing abuse, I rededicated  my life to Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, got baptized and began to have a personal relationship with Him. Along with Christian counseling, He helped me heal from my pain and suffering and He can for you too.

The Bible says to consider it pure joy to have difficult times in our lives. 

If you are going through a difficult time, use it to grow stronger with your faith and in other ways. 

Do the best that you can with what you have with where you are. Give the rest to God and let it go.

Choose to have a joy filled attitude and remember that there is always hope and there is always something to be thankful for.

Look on the positive and sunny side of life! 

Today, I rejoice an another healthy granddaughter and that next year, we will have a shared birthday part! 
   
Diane Davidson Gammon MS is clinically supervised by Michael Loftis LCSW as she pursues  LPC-MHSP licensure.

CLICK HERE For Living With Hope Counseling Facebook Page AND "LIKE" IT!
 


 By Diane Davidson 
                               Gammon M.S.
         Clinical Mental Health Counselor

 Open Full-Time Days - Monday through Saturday
With Evening Appointments
615-556-8406
Email- Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss (Including Miscarriage/ Stillbirth/ Infant loss)

 Have Hope! Renew Health! and...........






  








No comments:

Post a Comment