Saturday, April 29, 2017

Reflecting Back.......... And Looking Forward

My mother passed away 24 years ago today. 

She was my best friend and my favorite person in life. 

My favorite holiday was HER birthday because I loved to show her how much I loved and appreciated her.

She died from pancreas cancer. She died in my arms in my home as she and I and my brother were all singing together. We were singing "Do LORD"- which one of the lines is... I took Jesus as my Savior- you take Him too.

My mother told me that she would always be in my heart.



My mother taught me to be true to myself and not to be concerned of what others thought of how I should live my life. She taught me not to live by other's approvals but to be my true self in life.


I am thankful for what she taught me and I have lived this way with hearing her sweet angelic voice in my head. 

I want to encourage you all to live the same. Live how you believe that you should instead of worrying about getting approval from others. BE YOUrself!


My mom saw good in everyone. She also taught me to do the same. Just because someone has made mistakes in their lives does not mean that they are not worthy of forgiveness and grace.

 
We all make mistakes and we are all a work in progress. 

Hurting people hurt people.

Instead of getting upset over someone's words and/ or actions, try understanding what they may be going through.

I will continue to hold on to what my mom taught me and to treasure my memories of her.

Sometimes when I live my life, I think that I am also living for her- making the most of life in her memory.

So I will continue to live life to the fullest with being true to myself and answering to myself and to God.  

Join me in living the same!

I grew up with believing that I could do anything in life. Even if you did not grow up like this- you can still live the same as I am. Choose not to be a victim, but to live life victoriously!


CLICK HERE For Living With Hope Counseling Facebook Page AND "LIKE" IT!
 



Blog By 
                Diane Davidson Gammon M.S.
             Clinical Mental Health Counselor 
 Diane Davidson Gammon MS is clinically supervised by Michael Loftis LCSW as she pursues  LPC-MHSP licensure.

Weekly Support Groups for Depression, Anxiety, Grief, and Trauma for Adults of all ages and teenage Girls.

Registration is required for each meeting. 

Email Diane:
Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com to register or for more information  

 Open Full-Time Days - Monday through Saturday
With Evening Appointments

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss
  

 


  





 





 






2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful soul. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of your mother with us in this post. I have every faith that she is very proud of all that you have accomplished and continue to accomplish...

    ReplyDelete