Monday, April 25, 2016

Surviving Adversity- This Too Shall Pass

When you face adversity which is difficult times, it may seem like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. 

It may seem like there are no answers, no relief in sight. 

You may seem like you are rock bottom.


The best thing about being rock bottom is that the only way that you can go is up! 

If you do all that you can- with what you have- with where you are in life- then -What is going to happen is going to happen and it will be okay...in time.

If it is out of your control then you can adjust your perspective on the situation. This can be difficult but it is possible.

Counseling can help.

Take a deep breath. Do the best that you can do and let go of what you do not have control over.... and this too will pass. 

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Jesus’ words)
 
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” (Jesus’ words)
 
Philippians 4:6,7 … do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


By Diane Gammon M.S.     

 Clinical Mental Health Counselor

   Now open Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays,
and Saturdays  
      






No comments:

Post a Comment