Saturday, May 13, 2017

Mothers Day- A Difficult Day For Many

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers.

Mothers Day can be a very difficult day for many people. Whether or not an individual has a mom or a child or not, it can be a very sad and depressing day for most people.

I have grown children and grandchildren and I am thankful for them. I was raised by a very loving mother. I am blessed.

I also lost babies and my mother many years ago.

Just because someone has family, it does not minimize the hurt and pain from losses.

Whether or not you have a mother or a mother figure in your life, I know it can be a difficult day.

I know for me it was very hard for many years on Mother's Day after my mom died and when I lost 6 babies. I remember that I dreaded this holiday. 

One year, I chose to focus on the positives in my life instead of my losses. I had other children and so I chose to really make the day about them instead of my grief. 

I know that some people do not have children to focus on. You can focus on something else though and you can choose to focus on you and your life.

It is helpful to allow yourself to be sad and hurt or depressed though. Allow yourself to feel -and then choose to not let your hurt feelings consume you in a negative way.

I hope and pray that all of you who are reading this find joy instead grief no matter your situation and story. My heart goes out to you. I know your pain. 

God knows your pain too. You can pray and give him your pain and sadness.
 
Psalms 9:9 The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

1 Peter 5:6-7 (KJV) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.


CLICK HERE For Living With Hope Counseling Facebook Page AND "LIKE" IT!
 



Blog By 
                Diane Davidson Gammon M.S.
             Clinical Mental Health Counselor 
 Diane Davidson Gammon MS is clinically supervised by Michael Loftis LCSW as she pursues  LPC-MHSP licensure.

 Disclaimer- I am not a doctor and I am not giving out medical advice. My blogs are for information and inspirational purposes. Please consult your doctor before starting a new health regimen.

Weekly Support Groups for Depression, Anxiety, Grief, and Trauma for Adults of all ages and teenage Girls.

Registration is required for each meeting. 

Email Diane:
Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com to register or for more information  

 Open Full-Time Days - Monday through Saturday
With Evening Appointments

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss
  

 


  





 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment