Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Happy Best Friends Day! I Honor My Best Girlfreind! :)

I have never heard of it before but today was National Best Friend Day! I found out when my best girlfriend texted me this morning. 

She has been what I refer to as my "earthing rock." She is the one that I can cry to, gripe to, whine to, and we could blackmail each other with what we know about each other!

She makes me laugh so hard that I could crack a rib. 

She is the one who takes my hand at church and walks me up to the alter to pray for me and my family when we are going through a difficult time. 

We can finish each others sentences.

We can be our true self with one another even though we are very different in ways.  

She is the only person who could get by with feeding my children only ice cream for lunch while on vacation. 

We sneak text messages to each other when  we really should not be texting- and some times... it is just to make the other laugh. 

We "get" each other. 

Because of her- I do not feel alone in a crisis or a bad day.

When one of us is in the middle of a stressful moment, we know that we can slip away to a restroom to text one another to ask the other one to pray .... and that is enough to make us feel better in an instant.

I made this friend while I was in my 40's. I met her at a new church I started to attend after my divorce ....in a small Bible study group. 

So--- if you do not have a close friend like this type of friendship or..... you think that you are too old to make such a friend- think again!!

If you have a friend like this- tell them that you are thankful for them! If you do not-- pray for one and put yourself in places in which you can make such a friend!
 


My "Trishers" and I on a road trip to a women's retreat for our church. She paid my way and drove me there. She is a keeper and I am blessed!


Be thankful for anyone who has been a friend to you in your life and ....let them know!  

Also.... Are you the type of friend that you want to be?

                     Thank you Trish! I LOVE YOU!



                             By Diane Gammon MS

Clinical Mental Health Counselor

Now Open Full-Time: Days, Evenings, and Saturdays.

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups  


  Follow: 
Living With Hope Counseling   














No comments:

Post a Comment