Saturday, September 16, 2017

When Your Child Loses a Child- A Personal Story

I have personally experienced 5 miscarriages and also delivered a baby girl too soon who died after an hour and a half.

I know the pain. I understand the pain. 

After 5 losses in a row, I went on to get pregnant again and had a healthy daughter.

When my oldest daughter first got pregnant, it was difficult for me to get excited. I feared that something could go wrong because of all of my losses.  


Then, my first granddaughter was born with multiple heart defects. She has many medical issues but she is alive and is the light of my life. 

I had three more healthy granddaughters. 

Then, one of my daughters became pregnant again and lost her baby. She miscarried in her second trimester. My first grandson was born too soon and passed away. My daughter miscarried in an extremely traumatic way.

The only worse than losing a baby is watching your daughter lose her baby. 

My heart ached so much that is was nearly unbearable. I wanted to take my daughter's pain away.

My grandson's tombstone came in today to mark his resting place. 

The emotional pain from miscarriage and infant loss is excruciating. It is also very traumatic in most situations.

So, mothers and other family members not only have their loss to deal with but also the aftermath of experiencing a trauma.  

If you or someone that you know has experienced such a loss, there is help and hope.


Free Miscarriage and Infant Loss Support Group every 3rd Tuesday evening. Registration is required. 

Call or text Diane Gammon at 615-556-8406 or email her at Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com to register or for more information. 

The dates for this group will be different at times. Please always contact Diane before coming to a group. 

In memory of Joseph Cohan

CLICK HERE For Living With Hope Counseling Facebook Page AND "LIKE" IT!
 


 By Diane Davidson 
                               Gammon M.S.
         Clinical Mental Health Counselor

 Open Full-Time Days - Monday through Saturday
With Evening Appointments
615-556-8406
Email- Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss (Including Miscarriage/ Stillbirth/ Infant loss)

 Have Hope! Renew Health! and...........


 











No comments:

Post a Comment