Friday, October 26, 2018

Self-Care...A MUST!

Self- Care...hmmm-  What is that
My quest is to be SUPERMOM!!!!! 

That is how I used to think.

If we were honest with ourselves, most of us do not demonstrate self-care in the manner in which we should. We take care of our spouses, children, homes, jobs, ailing parents, etc. before we take the time out to take care of ourselves.

One main reason that we do this is because we might feel like we are being selfish if we take time out for ourselves. I know I used to think that.

I used to work two full time jobs while I was home schooling my children- AND while I was in college full-time. All the while- I WAS SUPER MOM! I thought that if I did everything possible for my children that I was a good mother. 

Now I know that I am a better mother taking care of myself and that having my teenager do things for herself is not child abuse but actually best for her!

I burned out and became mentally and physically ill. I was then forced to take better care of myself. Now……….I TREASURE MY HEALTH!

We cannot take care of others if we first do not take care of ourselves. Further, if we were honest with ourselves, most of the tasks that we do for our loved one can be delegated more than we probably do so.

Could it be for some of you that you are not motivated to take better care of yourself? If so, ask yourself why you feel this way and then take steps to make changes.

It is easier to lie around than exercise. 

It is easier to eat junk food that is quick and inexpensive than it is to eat healthy. 

It is more convenient to watch what it on the television than to only allow positive and uplifting entertainment into your hearts and minds, and so on.

Let’s face it; you need to be motivated before you implement these concepts into your life. One reason that it is difficult to get motivated to demonstrate more self-care is that in doing it the manner in which we need to can be very overwhelming. 

However-------

If you take better care of yourself, things in your life will become more manageable.

Ideas of self- care will be different for different people.

Some things that I personally do to implement self- care are the following:
Brisk walking
Fresh air and sunshine  
Fresh fruits and vegetables
Drinking plenty of water
Get adequate sleep
Frequent Chiropractic adjustments
Prayer and worship
Ballroom dancing lessons
Listening to music
Take a nap
Gardening
Take a long hot bath   
Taking time out a few minutes a day just for something I enjoy
Surrounding myself with uplifting, Christ-like, and positive people

Take time to take care of YOU!  
YOU ARE WORTH IT! 
YOU ARE VALUABLE! 

What are YOUR ideas for self care? 
Click on this blog title and then you will see where you can leave a comment below.

Please leave your ideas in the comments


By Diane Davidson Gammon MS
Clinical mental Health Counselor 

Changing Lives with God's HOPE!

Disclaimer- I am not a doctor and I am not giving out medical advice. My blogs are for information and inspirational purposes. Please consult your doctor before starting a new health regimen.

Diane Davidson Gammon Arnold MS is clinically supervised by Michael Loftis LCSW as she pursues  LPC-MHSP licensure



 Open Full-Time Days - Monday through Saturday
With Evening Appointments
615-556-8406
Email- Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss (Including Miscarriage/ Stillbirth/ Infant loss)

 Have Hope! Renew Health! and...........




 














  




I would love to hear them!
oldie but goodie

No comments:

Post a Comment