Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Replace Complaining With Thankfulness

While on my way to work yesterday, I was filled with complaints.  I don't like to paint.  I'm in my thirteenth year.  I am thoroughly exhausted, bored out of my mind, easily distracted, utterly unfocused, and I make little money.  People make jokes about watching paint dry.  I literally do watch paint dry, and it's about as fascinating as it sounds.

I've raised endless complaints with God.  But my complaints have done little but to encourage more complaining and bitterness.

On the way to work, I asked God to show me things to be thankful for.  I have a sharp eye for all the things I dislike, and I am quick to point out the things that go wrong.  But I need to see clearly and plainly the things that I need to be thankful for.  I asked God to make it obvious.

During the work day, there were several small things that could have gone wrong that did not.  And God helped me to see these and to praise Him for it.

 If you struggle with complaining, ask God to show you all the things to be grateful for.  Ask Him to make it as obvious as hitting your head on a brick wall.  


By a contributing blogger, David Mueller 


  CLICK HERE For Living With Hope Counseling Facebook Page AND "LIKE" IT!
 


 By Diane Davidson 
                               Gammon M.S.
         Clinical Mental Health Counselor 
  Diane Davidson Gammon MS is clinically supervised by Michael Loftis LCSW as she pursues  LPC-MHSP licensure.



 Open Full-Time Days - Monday through Saturday
With Evening Appointments
615-556-8406
Email- Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss (Including Miscarriage/ Stillbirth/ Infant loss)

 Have Hope! Renew Health! and...........










No comments:

Post a Comment