Sunday, February 11, 2018

What I Learned From My Cat

Slider Muffins

My little cat's name is Slider.  She's black and white. You might say she's just a mutt.  She's crippled in her back legs due to a genetic flaw.  When she runs across hardwood floors, her back legs drag behind her.  When she is on grass or carpet she can use them, mostly.

But Slider's disability does not keep her from exploring the world.  She climbs trees.  Much like a mountain climber, Slider throws one paw up and then the other until she hauls herself up to place where she can sit.

Slider cannot scratch her face.  Her hind foot gets into position.  The foot trembles, but it does not move.  So I scratch her face.

Slider loves to be chased across the floor.  I run after her saying, "I'm going to get you Slider!"  She runs down the hallway, around the corner, and into the middle of the bedroom where she promptly stops.  It's base.  And the prize for winning is for the loser to brush her fur and perhaps provide a pinch of catnip.  

Sometimes I wonder why God put a little crippled cat into my life.  Slider can't do much for herself.  But left to myself, neither can I.  Slider's first owner wanted my friend  to toss her into the river.  But my friend rescued her and adopted her, and then I took her.  I'm also rescued and adopted by God.  Although I lavish Slider with food, play, head scratches, and love, sometimes Slider will get ornery and hiss at me.  Similarly, God provides for me, but I often find myself getting angry at God expressing my frustration at Him.

So maybe God put Slider in my life so that I might learn a little bit more about myself 
and God's love for me.

By a contributing blogger, David Mueller 

CLICK HERE For Living With Hope Counseling Facebook Page AND "LIKE" IT!
 


 By Diane Davidson 
                               Gammon M.S.
         Clinical Mental Health Counselor
Diane Davidson Gammon MS is clinically supervised by Michael Loftis LCSW as she pursues  LPC-MHSP licensure.


 Open Full-Time Days - Monday through Saturday
With Evening Appointments
615-556-8406
Email- Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss (Including Miscarriage/ Stillbirth/ Infant loss)

 Have Hope! Renew Health! and...........


 

1 comment:

  1. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World’s Top Social Trading Network!!!

    Join 1,000,000's who have already discovered easier strategies for investing in Ripple.

    Learn from established eToro traders or copy their positions automatically

    ReplyDelete