Friday, December 30, 2016

My New Year's Resolutions! What Are Yours?


Have Hope! 
Renew Health! 
Live Big!

Awe, a New Year! A great time for New Beginnings!

I have wanted to eliminate sugar from my diet for a few years now ever since I heard how unhealthy it is. I do eat natural sugars that come from fresh fruit. I am talking about store bought granulated sugar.

I have decided that now is the time. This is really my biggest goal health-wise. 

I also plan to continue to eliminate wheat, meat, dairy, and processed foods/ GMOs (genetically modified organism - any organism whose genetic material has been altered using engineering techniques to modify foods). 



Here is to a healthy diet and lifestyle! I plan to do this to be around as long as possible for my children and grandchildren... to show them my love and to be a blessing to them. Also, to help others with what I have been through and survived in life, to offer hope and encouragement. 

I am a survivor of all forms of abuse, multiple traumas, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), feelings of worthlessness and hopelessness, depression, and severe physical illnesses due to chronic stress. I am HEALED mentally and physically and YOU CAN BE TOO!  

I will continue to juice raw, organic vegetables daily.

I also plan to walk at least a mile 3 times a week.

Here are some more things that I plan to do.......

Drink filtered water all day in-between meals.... and when I wake and right before bed.

Learn a new word each day

Learn more about other cultures

Learn how to speak Spanish

Encourage others more

Eat more dark green veggies 

maintain a healthy weight

Learn Sign-Language

Travel to visit my 83 year old Father

Hike in at least 3 TN state parks

Reduce my time on Facebook to posts to help and inspire others....well except for watching the funny videos that my little brother sends me to make me laugh

Invest more time in those I love

Dance more

Brush up on my typing skills

Laugh more

Learn yoga 

Travel and visit both of my AWESOME brothers

Pray more

Sing more

Read more books

Be kinder 

Go to the Chiropractor regularly

Continue to embrace and enjoy being single (it is not a disease)

Watch more sunsets and sunrises

Forgive more... myself and others 

Let go of things that I do not have control over

Seek God more


Learn how to paint a mountain scene

Learn how to play the guitar

Keep a cleaner and more organized home

Buy myself a camera and start taking pictures of slices of life

Learn how to play the piano

Get adequate rest routinely

Write my blog

Color outside of the lines in life 

Make time to make my various craft projects

Treat myself to go hear and enjoy live music more

Finish my Licensure proceedings

Get out in the sun 20 minutes each day for vitamin D


Finish writing and publish my first two books

Speak and give my testimony more

Add more picture to my vision board

Volunteer for the homeless

Volunteer for Make- a -Wish Foundation

Look on the SUNNY SIDE

Be true to myself

Join a new Sunday School Class at church

Take my family on a short trip out of town

Call my cousins from out of state and reconnect

Be thankful 

Give others HOPE

Call my nieces and nephews out of state more

Continue to invest my time and attention in my children and grandchildren

Help my terminally ill granddaughter get the medical attention that she needs and spread awareness for congenital heart defects

Remind myself and others that self-care is not selfish but necessary

Continue to respect and love myself, God, and others

I shared my New Year's Resolution list to help inspire you. Learning that God loves me, healthy lifestyle changes, counseling, and a positive support system helped me to heal from deep emotional wounds and physical illness. 

There is hope, healing, and an abundant filled life ahead for you as well!   

Now it is your turn......

What would you like to do this year?

The only way to see changes in your life is to take action and make changes!

Write down your passions, dreams, and goals. Make a vision board of pictures of what you would like to do different in your life. Learn to let go of what you do not have control over, seek help where needed, and ....start living and using ALL of colors of crayons in the box!

Share what you want to change and do in the New Year in the comment section below!
 
Have Hope! 
Renew Health! 
Live Big!

 By Diane Gammon M.S. 
          Clinical Mental Health Counselor    
       Clinically Supervised by Michael Loftis LCSW

CLICK HERE For Living With Hope Counseling Facebook Page AND "LIKE" IT!
 



Living With Hope Counseling 
 Open Full Time Days- Monday through Saturday
With Evening Appointments

Call or Text- 615-556-8406
Email- Diane@LivingWithHopeCounseling.com

Sliding Scale Fee for Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss (Including Miscarriage/ Stillbirth/ Infant loss)
  
 

 



 

 



 









  


 






 










  









 

No comments:

Post a Comment