Sunday, October 30, 2016

Something To Get Your Mind Off Of Your Problems........

Tonight I was honored to attend a fundraiser in Nashville for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The event raised $65,000.00 for their foundation.

It is an organization that grants wishes for children ages 3 to 18 who have life threatening illnesses. 

College girls modeled in a fashion show to raise money for the foundation. They invited 6 children who are "Make-A- Wish kids" to be in the show as well. 

My 3 year old granddaughter was a model in the show. She was born with multiple heart defects. She walked the runway and added in some ballerina moves.

There were speakers. One of the speakers was a 15 year old Make-A-Wish recipient.

It was truly inspiring.

I was trying to hold back tears during the entire 2 hour event. All of a sudden, my struggles didn't seem so big.  

During the evening, I was also convicted to become a volunteer for the organization to help children receive a wish as they struggle with a terminal illness.

I was inspired. 
I am sharing to inspire you as well.

       Brooklyn and I after the fashion show.

        She is my hero and my inspiration.

CLICK HERE For Living With Hope Counseling Facebook Page AND "LIKE" IT!
 


Diane Gammon M.S.
             Clinical Mental Health Counselor

Now Open Full-Time Days - Monday through Friday 
With Evening Appointments

Sliding Scale Fee for Individual Counseling Sessions 

Free Support Groups for: Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Hopelessness, Trauma, PTSD, Abuse, and Grief and Loss (Including Miscarriage/ Stillbirth/ Infant loss)
  
 

 



 

 



 








No comments:

Post a Comment